Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Burn Baby Burn!

Holy Moly Batman!!!

I don't say that lightly! Sometimes it's Wow! Today, I believe it's both for me. Almost a Beatcha-by-golly-wow! I just gotta say, Jesus is the only way!

He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver ~ Malachi 3:3

Can I get a witness? 


Preacher man and I are going through the fire. Not against each other, more like as a couple, which means it's getting pretty stinken hot around here. I opened up a devo book that I had laid down sometime ago, and Malachi was the scripture it had for today. Then it went on to say these words.

Our Father, who seeks to perfect His saints in holiness, knows the value of the refiner's fire. It is with the most precious metals that a metallurgist will take the greatest care. He subjects the metal to a hot fire, for only the refiner's fire will melt the metal, release the dross, and allow the remaining, pure metal to take a new and perfect shape in the mold.

A good refiner never leaves the crucible but, as the above verse indicates, "will sit" down by it so the fire will not become even one degree too hot and possibly harm the metal. And as soon as he skims the last bit of dross from the surface and sees his face reflected in the pure metal, he extinguishes the Fire. 
~ Pierson 


We are that precious metal. God is the refiner and He knows what He's doing. It is for our good and His glory that the dross (a waste product taken off molten metal during smelting) must come out. It's out junk, waste matter, refuse. It's so much a part of us that it takes a really hot fire to bring it to the surface so that it can be skimmed off. Without the fire, well, it stays right where it is. 

Do you know people who hold on to their bitterness like it was a precious metal? I have been holding on to my dross for dear life, but today, I'm done with it. God is refining me for more and I had forgotten that. The enemy of my soul had me blinded and preoccupied but no more. I remember it's Gods hand that holds me here and He is looking at me, expecting to see His reflection and I do not want to disappoint Him.



No comments: