Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Giants

I'm going to get something down today even if it kills me. I really do have a lot to talk about, I just can't do it all right now. So, I think I'll talk about the giants that try to define us. 

You maybe asking, What giants are you talking about? They didn't even make it to the World Series this year! The giants I'm talking about are the situations that come into your life and try to boss you around. Some of the giants that come to mind are: most heart wrenching situations, including the loss of loved ones, abandonment, rejection, and betrayal. Each of these situations has tried to paralyze me and define who I was and who I would never be. But God broke in each time to remind me who I belonged to!

When we aline ourselves with God and His will, circumstances around us loss their power to paralyze and define us. When we choose to walk through the situation with Jesus, we are able to let Him redefine things for us. 

This happened to me on Sunday. I no more wanted to go to church than I wanted to eat liver and onions. Which is not any! I kept feeling the nudging to get ready and get out the door, so I did. I received the sweetest greeting from Sande and I could tell by the look on her face that she saw me.

I know that satan has us pinned to the mat and is counting us out, even as I write, but God…is using this for His glory! We are allowing God to shape us into what He has in mind.

    

No comments: