Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tiller!!

I'm so excited!!! Look what happened at our house yesterday!!! A random dude showed up on a tractor and tiled my garden. OK, not really, this is Charlie and his tractor. I covent his tractor. I can't even put into words how excited I am about this! The smell of dirt, the seeds that need to be planted, the pure enjoyment of breaking ground it just sends me into fits of hap-hap happiness!

This area of ground will end up being a place I spend quality time in. It will be a place of work and rest. A place to get frustrations out on and from. I will be on my knees, bending my back, lifting and toting and enjoying every minute of it. 

I am glad that the season is changing and we are waking up from our longer than normal winter's nap! No, I don't know where my summer clothes are but at this point I'll work in my winter stuff. 

This is also how God is working in my life. I have closed down and sealed up all of who I am. I have placed a protective barrier over the ground of my heart and have let the leaves of a past life pile up and cover what use to be there. But God is getting on his tractor and he's firing that engine up. I see him coming down the road towards my closed down, sealed up soul and I can't do anything but stand there and watch.

As he lowers that tiller down, it sits on top of my ground, and he looks over at me with a twinkle in his eye. 
You ready for this? 
Surly we can do this another way!
He gives the machine a little punch of gas, looks at the sky and says 
It's perfect weather for breaking open some ground.

It's never easy, but it's always doable. Yea, it's going to require. . . me. 
I'm excited and scared and right where God needs me to be. 
I am enough, I am enough, just as I am, I am enough!  

No comments: