Saturday, November 16, 2013

Grace

 ~ My Grace is sufficient for you ~
2 Cor. 12:9

And nothing but the great trials and dangers we have experienced would ever have led some of us to know Him as we do, to trust Him as we have, and to draw from Him the great measure of His grace so indispensable during our times of great need. 

Difficulties and obstacles are God's challenges to our faith. When we are confronted with hindrances that block our path of service, we are to recognize them as vessels for faith and then to fill them with the fullness and complete sufficiency of Jesus.
~ Nov 15th devotional from Streams in the Desert, by L.B. Cowman

Does that sound awesome? I'm trying to answer that question myself. I mean, it explains a lot to me right now, it really does. Somewhere down deep though, I just want to spit!

But God

Your grace God, not my understanding of the situation. 
Your grace God, to help me let go.

Do you remember jumping off the diving board for the first time? Daddy was treading water under the board, ready to save me. But I had to be the one to take the step.

In one of Indiana Jones movies, he's come to the un-passable abyss. He stuck his foot out into nothingness and as he did, the stone to step on appeared.

We keep going, it's just what we do. Your grace God! Your grace!


No comments: