Sunday, January 6, 2013

Epiphany, Prayer and Nurses!

Epiphany Sunday! The end of the 12 day's of Christmas, as today is day 13 and the day the Gentiles got it! I like to think of it like the day a big light came on!  It is also the day that we celebrate the Three Wise Men showing up at Jesus' place and bringing him gifts. The period from January 7 to Ash Wednesday has no central theme and is one of two seasons of Ordinary Time. I mean, we have the Baptism of the Lord on the 13th and Transfiguration Sunday is February 10th, but Preacher man is starting a series on prayer so we won't be "celebrating" those Sunday's, so to speak.

This week we also start our new Bible study on prayer and I'm pretty excited about that. We will have 2 meeting times on Tuesday's so we can hopefully give everyone the opportunity  to come. It's just a thrilling time for me right now, because it's time to get down to business. The church is starting to trust us, the prayer team is growing and is understanding how important prayer is, new people are on committees and it's just a new year with new things in store.

I'm also at the half way spot for my Practicum I class, which is good and strange all at the same time. I'm working on my strengths and limitations as a director, which has been an enlightening experience, to say the least. It's been good to gain self knowledge and to be ok with how God has put me together. There always needs to be growth, as I'm fond of saying, God takes us as we are, but He doesn't leave us that way! 

I hope to start walking tomorrow and to do some Sherd, we'll see. One of the crazy women in the church, that's a retired nurse, came in today and gave Preacher man and I a flu shot. We have been baulking the whole flu shot thing for years! Two things she said changed our minds this year: Flu shots are like seat belts, they're there, but you don't have to use them, and The church is one of the best places to spread germs, you know, we love on each other and stuff. Fine Audrey! I took your dang flu shot! Dang nurses anyway!    

No comments: