Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day!

Today is that day that only comes around every 4 years, so what are you going to do different today? I was reading Seth Godin's blog and he had some pretty good idea's, so I thought I'd share.


Forgive, forget, relax, care, stand out, speak up, contribute, embrace, create, make a ruckus, give credit, skip, smile, or speak the truth in love.
Just pick one and do it today. I want to warn you, you may enjoy it and it could turn into a habit!


So why is this day different? From what I know without a lot of research, this day was added by Julius Caesar way back in his day. The strange thing that happens on this day is women ask men to marry them aka Sadie Hawkins Day.   If you need to know more, you can always Google it.


This is also Preacher man's last day of vacation, which I think always goes by too stickin' fast. We might go to a baseball game or Crystal Bridges don't really know as yet. 


My last days at the Creek are fast approaching, like tomorrow and Friday. It will be yet again a time for me to figure out without driving everyone around me crazy. Mom doesn't think this will last, cuz I've always worked. I've been thinking about that lately and believe that knot in me is starting to come loose. I have always thought that, I was who I was because of what I did. I am seeing that just ain't so! 


I am a beloved child of the most high God! He does not love me more because I sell clothes anymore than he loves me less when I feed the hungry. What I do is not who I am! Who I know and who has control of my life, Jesus, is who I am know for. 


I am giving up my day job to spend more time with Jesus and to listen in a different way to what he is calling me to. I am to be a help mate to Preacher man, which by the way is fun, even if it has long hours. I am to be! I am to live out of my true self, not the gal that I've made up along the way. I have more questions than answers, but I'm thinking thats how we learn, by askin the hard ones.  

No comments: