Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Getting Real.

Nikon Sniper
I think there are a lot of us that need to know more about forgiveness. I don't have all the answers, I can't even say, I got this forgiveness thing down! What I can do is talk about what works for me. Try what sounds right to your heart, and throw the rest away!


First and foremost, we need to remember that we are ALL broken and Jesus is the great healer. The Holy Ones' desire is to make us whole. For me, forgiveness is more about God working in my life than it is about me doing much. Now don't get me wrong, it doesn't just happen without anything from me! I have never found myself walking down the road and feeling forgiveness dumped on me! However, I'm also not saying it couldn't happen, cuz God is God and I'm not! 


I think when I know I need to forgive someone, it's starts showing up in my face more than normal. It's almost like God is bringing it to the forefront of my life, cuz he's ready for me to deal with it. So I start out by asking God, What in the world are you wanting me to do about this? The best place to see the answers are in the Bible. So I start looking up scriptures on forgiveness. The one that's rocked my world lately is Matthew 6:14-15, and I'm going to share from the Message.


In prayer, there is a connection between what God does and what you do.
You can't get forgiveness from God, for instance, without also forgiving others.
If you refuse to do your part, you cut yourself off from God's part.

If I don't do my part, but what is my part?
Wanting to forgive.
Well, God, I really don't feel the want to! 
Ask for it.
I kick the ground, turn away, and think about it for a day or 8. 
Why do I always have to be the one to start all this? If they would ask for my forgiveness, I would give it. But I don't want it.
There in lines the key to all of this... wanting it! How in the world do you want something you don't want? Well, friend, it's a choice. You have to choose to want it, then God will give you the grace that you desire and the learning process begins. 
GOD! CHANGE MY HEART SO THAT I WANT TO FORGIVE! 
Everyday, you ask! Every time it comes to mind, you ask! You beg the Holy One to change you from the inside out!
Is it easy? Heck no! I deserve to hold this grudge, this unforgiveness that has been a dis-ease to my soul and has taken me so far away from the love of God.... 
You need to stop justifying your unforgiveness. Lay it down, right here at the feet of my son, and walk away. Come back as often as you need to and lay it down again. He will take it and in place of that dis-ease, my son will give you the peace that passes all understanding.
All we have to do is ask. There is no secret way of doing this. I turn my hands upward, so that I can receive what he gives me. I humbly come before the throne of grace and I get real with my maker!
We all need to get real, and we need to do it now.

  

2 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

I love the bold truth you share here. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly,
Thank you for answering my blog with straightforward honesty. One could use that prayer from Marthew in dealing with any affliction.
Once again, thank you.
God Bless You
Geoff