Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Breathe!

The more things change the more they stay the same... Naw, that ain't it. More like everything I ever needed to know I learned in kindergarten.  Today, I think I have to give some credit to the exercising industry, let me explain.

I have a tape that I try to do at least 4 times a week. In one part of the work out she says, "Don't forget to breath! Breathing is so important." At first I thought, Well duh! No breathing = death. It's not that she thinks we will forget how to breath, it's that when we workout sometimes we hold our breath, which I guess can also = death. 

It's important to breath correctly. I find that when I don't pay attention to my breathing when I'm running, I will get a side ache. When you start a move you breath in at the beginning and exhale at the end. It's the same with your spiritual life.

I guess I had forgotten that...

Sometimes we get so wrapped up with being in the 8th grade we forget the important things we learned in kindergarten. Or so wrapped up with being spiritual that we forget how important breathing is.

I invite you to breath with me. To pay attention to your breath as you inhale and exhale, for 5 minutes. My Spiritual Director reminded me of this today so I felt that maybe you might need to hear it too.    


No comments: