Friday, June 19, 2015

What's Up!!!

Living God - stand by me. Hold me up. Be my strength when I am tired, my inspiration when I am bored, my life when I am listless.

Living God, I cannot always meet the standard expected of me, cannot always be the personality I am known for. Abba, when I fail, Abba when I stumble - stand by me.

I ran across this today and thought, how perfect! 

I have missed not posting... My job has made me sad and too tired to write. But there is light at the end of the tunnel and I can smell freedom, so I thought I would write a little.


Oh! Pickle season has started! These are some of my cuke plants. All those yellow flowers will hopefully be turned into cubes, which in turn will be turned into pickles! We have had so much rain that I'm worried about rot and disease getting a hold of everything. I'm thankful that we have sandy soil that drains well, but enough is enough with all this rain.


I have also been making pesto! Now that is some yummy stuff that you can spread on just about anything. It's so easy to make, here let me give you the recipe that was given to me!

In a food processor put the following:
2 cups loose basil leaves (clean)
1/3 cup pine nuts
2 medium cloves of garlic (more if you love it like me!)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Blend till rough paste

Add 1/2 cup virgin olive oil (extra virgin is best)
blend...with 1/4 tsp salt and a good grind of pepper
put into small container - freeze or eat. Good on chicken, pasta, cracker's with cheese, a spoon, your finger, you name it, it's good on it. It also freezes well and thaws fast an easy. 


We also got gravel, or as Preacher man calls it, rock. This was put down before we got this...


It looked like this....


Here's Preacher man! Oh, look behind him to the left, it's the garden! That wad of green, see it? Not the trees, look lower!

We also did this...

Yes, new driveway! All in all a busy day or 2.

So that's about it, your caught up on this side of the yard. I hope to have more time very soon to post and muse on what's what. Until then, thanks for stepping back into my life!

Peace! 

No comments: