Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Again?

I have found that God deal's with me, just like he does everyone else... In a personal way. Think about it, what good would it do if he disciplined you in a way that worked for me? Let me give you an example.

Me and my sister!
When I was young and hanging out a lot with my sister, we would get into trouble. Now the exact trouble we got in escapes me, but the discipline does not. One such action on my parents part was to spank my sister first, if she did not cry, she caused the trouble. If she cried, I was hitting the road! 

It's hard to be disciplined. It's because we think so highly of ourselves you know. When we are disciplined, it hurts our ego but it strengthens spirit. Discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time. What's important is the outcome, are you allowing yourself to be trained?

We don't have to take God's discipline. We can rebel and run, cross our arms over our chest and stand on the firm sand of our own righteousness, stating that because of them we had to act that way. Really!?   

Are there areas in my life where God is working for change through the sting of conscience, remorse, and agitation? 

This was part of my devotion today, and I'm sure that if I'm having to deal with it, you have too. It hurts. I guess the question is, am I paying attention? 

Seek to live peaceably with folks. Try. It doesn't always have to be your way or the highway! Just breathe, calm down, and focus on God. There is always a bigger picture we are not privileged to see. Let go of the right you think you have to be upset and let God disciple you. 

Sounds easy enough, but it's so hard. That's why this life is a marathon and not a sprint. It takes us miles and miles to get it. But God is right there with us, every step of the way. So lift your head, drop your load and keep walking!

Peace out!


No comments: