Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Content

Are you content? Or maybe the right question is what is contentment? How do you know when you reach it? So I look it up, you know me! When used as an adjective, content means satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else. 


At first glance, this could be the face of contentment. The longer I look at this picture the more I begin to think about how uncontent this dog is. I mean, if you were to throw the ball just one more time.... 

I think it's strange that I can't make up my mind if we should be content or if we should not want to be content. I mean, doesn't that drive you and motivate you to do more? Wouldn't you get lazy if you became content? 

It's hard to find that balance. Maybe the only thing we should be content in is God. However, in being content we are not wanting more. 

I want more of God. 

Just some deep things I've been thinking on lately. How about you?  

No comments: