Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bloom

This is one of my air plants. I use to have more than I do now, which is something a Master Gardener doesn't like to admit. This crazy thing is blooming. As I think about it, it's bloomed every year since I got it. It just sits in this window day in and day out and then BAM! It blooms.

This is something that sustains me. Blooms in the dead of winter. Just when I was looking for another reason to be upset about something, God let's this very small plant bloom right in front of me to remind me...

There is beauty if I but look.

In order for me to see, while I'm looking, I need to be open to what God has for me. If I make my mind up before hand that all is not right in my world, this gift of a flower might be missed.

I'm having a hard time with things not being right in my world right now. Things have not gone as I had hoped and dreamed. 

But God...

He gives me just enough to keep on keeping' on. 

How about you? What sustains you? Are you looking for them? If you aren't looking, are you at least being open?

This is Fat Tuesday! Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the start of the season of Lent. I am preparing to walk with Jesus from the mountain to the cross. 

Lord, give me eyes to see and ears to hear!

No comments: