Saturday, October 4, 2014

Learn it!

I'm coming to the conclusion that the more we know, the more there is to learn. I know this isn't a new thought, but for some reason it feels new to me right now. 

I remember years ago, praying to be used by God. Didn't have a job in mind when I started praying this, cuz I wanted to be open to God and what He had for me. So He put me in the soup kitchen. I thought at first this was a crazy mistake, but I went with it. The best job I have ever had! During this time my husband (pre-Preacher man), got his calling to go into full-time ministry. Again, I thought this was a crazy mistake. The best place, school, and learning we could have ever received! 

Now, we find ourselves in the wilderness and it's got to be a mistake! How can we work for God like this? It's dry and lonely and cold and lonely and did I say lonely? 

I'm learning that God is still God and I am still one of His beloved, but I'm at a new and different place with Him. It's hard because I haven't been here before so I don't know what I suppose to do. I've had people tell me pride goes before the fall that have no idea what we're going through. As much as I want to answer that with my words of wisdom straight from the 8th grade, I don't. So this morning, you know what this silent God showed me?

The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold,
but the Lord tests the heart.
~Proverbs 17:3

So, no matter where you find yourself today, know that God is calling you to more. More of Him. It will be or is, difficult. Know that to begin with. When God calls you to more, it's not a cake walk, it's a narrow path but it leads to Him.

Press on! Let the crucible your in burn away the flux that holds you back from being more. Let the fire of the furnace be turned up so that the glory of God shines right through you! And remember that the Lord tests the heart. 



Peace Out!


No comments: