Thursday, July 31, 2014

Gap

I seem to be hung up on a phase I read a few weeks ago in a book a friend is making me read. OK, she's not making me read it, like holding a gun to my head, but she's a friend from the group of friends that if they tell me to read a book, well, I read that book. The phase is Mind the Gap. 



The author explains the gap in light of the London Underground. People will tell you to mind the gap that's the space between the edge of the landing platform and the car. You don't want to fall down in it!

Also, transitions are gaps.

They mark the gap between the no longer and the not yet. They are the space where we are neither in one place nor another... They mark the place where a certain order breaks down and chaos arises.

This is the gap that I find myself in. I've have said more than a few times, I'm over this and moving on, there's no stopping me now! I was in the gap for about 62 day's but I realized I was there and I jumped out of it. Yip! That's about right. I'm gapless.

And I see Jesus smile at me.

The thing about gaps, is also the thing about God, neither can be controlled, they have to be experienced. I can tell myself all day long that I'm in control of my life and that I'm on a new road, but unless I give up the control to God and let Him lead me through this gap area of gapness, I'm only fooling myself. One thing I'm learning is that the sooner you give up the control, the sooner God can do what needs to be done. 

This is a strange time for me. Opportunity is knocking on a door that has been closed for a long time. 



I'm still in the the gap between the no longer and the not yet.  

No comments: