Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Random Things!

Wilmore KY
I think I have confused a few folks with some pictures so I'm going to take this time to straighten you all out, in case your confused.

This is a picture of our house when we lived in Kentucky. It's over 150 years old, has newspaper as insulation in the walls and is what I would consider to be a money trap. However, this is where I had the best garden ever! The picture of me in front of all the pickles? That's at this house!


Heber Springs AR
I haven't posted a picture of the house we are in here in Heber. I was going to wait until this spring when something was blooming and we had the chance to get mom and dad's power washer and go to town on this thing. This house has sat empty for close to 2 years and that might be how long those leaves have been on the ground. I'm sure as soon as it warms up some, I'll be out there going crazy! Who am I trying to fool? I've already been out there and it's going to be a big job! Here is a shot from the road at the front of the house. It's on a corner lot and has way too may trees, pine and pin oak, and leaves, but it's home and we will improve on it just like we have with every place we've lived.



We burned leaves the other day, right before the burn ban was put into effect. There is something special about burning leaves. I haven't figured it out yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. Unless you happen to know what is so special about it. If you do, by all means let me know!


Gracie has been loven life here! She loves burning leaves. This is how she looks when we are burning, cute huh?

Anyway, another day has dawned here in the Valley and we're going to be doing something today, we just don't know what yet! 

Peace!




No comments: