Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Grateful

I'm grateful for it all. I really am. As strange as it sounds and as strange as it feels, God is doing a work in me that I am in awe of and truly grateful for.

I can name names of who did this to us, but the people who need to know do. I could set out on a revenge campaign because it would be so nice to see their demise, and I could do it, but God has grown me bigger than hurting others.

Here's the deal: I don't have to blow someone's light out, in order to shine.

Has it been hard? Yes. Is it still hard? Your dang right it is! I say I would change it all if I could, but I wouldn't. 

God is growing me deeper. I said that this morning like it was a new idea, yet, when I look back, it has been my prayer all along.

I wanna be a tree that has roots deep enough to withstand the storms that seek to rip me from my grounding. I desire to shine with the love of Christ, who suffered for me, as if I was the only one. He would not have turned away from this trial I face. The people in the know didn't like Him either, so I'm in pretty good company.

Suffering is a wonderful fertilizer for the roots of character. The great objective of this life is character, for it is the only thing we can carry with us into eternity. And gaining as much of the highest character possible is the purpose of our trials. ~ Austin Phelps


I'm grateful for it all.


(Click above)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hang in there. God is working in you and those around you. Love the Grateful song.