Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dallas Grass

We've had over 2 inches of rain since Monday afternoon. Most of it came on Monday, but we have had showers on and off since then. It's dropped the temp down some and has kept the sun from shining directly on us poor slobs. The humidity is 89% right now, but once the sun comes out from behind those clouds, I bet it jumps up to the 90+%.

I have a problem in the yard. It's called Dallas Grass. This is what Dallas grass looks like. The only thing I know that kills it is MSMA and they took it off the market last year. Another bright move by our EPA. Right up there with their ban on DDT, but that's another blog.
Wait, 2 other things I know of that will kill this stuff. Round-up, which leaves a dead spot the size of the clump you sprayed, and a shovel. Guess what I'm going to do since the ground is soft and I'm thinking the roots will be easily extracted? That's right it's Shovel Time!

You know, sin is like Dallas Grass. It's green like the surrounding grass, it is technically a grass. When you cut the grass, it get's cut with it, you know, it kind of hides in plane site. We talk about the Dallas Grass as if it's something we don't want in our yard, yet, we aren't doing what it takes to remove it. We live with it! It's unsightly, and yet, there it is in all it's glory.

When I remove these clumps of ugliness, there's no guarantee that it's going to stay gone. I may have to break out the Round-up and kill it with chemical! But I will fight it for as long as it's in my life!     

No comments: