Tuesday, June 18, 2013

VBS

Woke up this morning and my first thoughts were, What in the Sam Hill was I thinking!? I am so tired! Oh yeah, VBS. Which I believe should be changed to AWM: Adults Without Minds! VBS gives people like me a chance to act like we're 8 again and get away with it! Then, in the morning I feel like I'm much older than 8!

Steffanie (Ellie), John Michael (Jethro) and myself (Maybell) were the music part of the program. They were the music, I was the silly, which was perfect! See little miss sassy pants in the pink down front? Yeah, we got her number! Thinks she's a gymnasts and all. If my Niece were there she would have been put in her place.

So this was the first night, Preacher man and I get tonight off cuz the family is coming in town for a baseball game. Wednesday will be the program and we are done with this year! Thank you Sweet Jesus!

VBS is always a good indicator of how your church is doing with growth. Young kids, young families = growth. It's also a good time for members to come out, volunteer and give back. It can open your eyes to strengths and weakness. I mean let's face it, when you have to keep kids entertained for 2 1/2 hours, the cream rises to the top. Jethro and Ellie were the cream! It was a pure honor to stand up there beside them and shake my tail feathers!   

No comments: