Wednesday, May 22, 2013

UMCOR


My heart is heavy for those in Oklahoma that are waking up this morning and looking at the clear sky's wondering what the heck just happened. People in the heart of the country know about twisters that show up unexpectedly. People on the coast and up north, they just don't get it. They are the ones that get to plan for their disasters cuz you can see them coming a long way off. Tornado's, well, they have a will of their own!

During times like these, we want to help, we think, If I can just get there with my truck full of stuff and my awesome skill's, they will be able to use me and I can help! Sadly, this is never the case. It's not that they don't want us there, but they don't want us there! There is no where for us to be put and right now, it's disaster emergency  time, not let me come in and make you a cup of tea.


Preacher man would be great for disaster emergency, because he's great in a crisis! Me, not so much! I am great at creating a crisis! However, the relief and the recovery, that's where I shine! I think there's a lot to be said about knowing where and when to do what!

That being said, there are 2 things that we can do right now! Pray and give to UMCOR! It's the United Methodist Committee On Relief and 100% of what you give goes to the relief of what you send it in for! So give and make a difference! www.umcor.org  

No comments: