Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Habit

Why is it that we fall out of habit's that are good for us faster and farther than habit's that are bad? Is it something just made into us? Do we yearn to be disobedient? Is it the rebel wanting to yell in us all?

Billy Idol, Rebel Yell!
I have a list as long as my arm to be done! Some of those things have to happen, some are need, and then there is the MY list that mostly are wants. In all honesty, I'm pretty tired of lists and letting them rule my life. I also know what happens without them, nothing!

We all go through times when we are more on the ball than others, and sadly we waste time beating ourselves up about it when we could just get back into the swing of things. 

I think, this is something I need to talk to my spiritual director about, that will help me get back on tract! However, with me and my director, I already know what he's going to say. Get back at it, now. 

So I listened to what he would say, if I were to ask, and this is what I got this morning:
The world cannot be discovered by a journey of miles, 
no matter how long,
but only by a spiritual journey,
a journey of one inch, very arduous and humbling
and JOYFUL, by which we arrive at the ground
at out own feet and learn
to be at home. 
~ Wendell Berry

So today, I encourage you to get back at your spiritual journey. To do your inch today and let God take care of the miles!

No comments: