Friday, May 10, 2013

Heart



“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” 
~ Howard Thurman

Ouch! That hits a little below the belt, if I do say so myself. However, on re-reading this, I have to say that it hits something very true. We don’t need to sit around and figure out what the world needs from us. In all honesty, the world probably doesn’t care. So are we going to let that stop us? Not me buddy! In fact there is a lot of freedom in this statement.
What makes you come alive? Is it reading to children, cooking, eating, gardening, giving care to a loved one, telling stories, making people laugh, fixing things, breaking things? Do it! The way I see it, if you’re waiting on the world to call you to a need, your backing up and you will be waiting for the rest of your life. That would be a shame, a flat out crying shame.
So I challenge you first off, ask the question; what makes you come alive? Then seek it out and just Do It!    

No comments: