Monday, August 27, 2012

Napping!

Do you fight against napping? I have to admit, that I do. I don't really know the reason but I have spent most of this day trying to figure it out! In other words, I'm looking for someone to blame.

Napping, at the onset, seems like such a waste of time! I mean, stuff could be getting done, people could be ordered around, dogs could be washed, yard work done, something cleaned up, you know...work!

But, after a day of an hour and 44 minute nap I have to say... I needed it! I want to know who came up with this, and I want to tell them, Hey, Nap dude! Thanks, good job! Nothing got done during that time and after the said nap, I can say I don't care! Here are a few reason's why!

1. We drove to Memphis on Friday to pick up the newest member of our family, "Lil Whls". That's 2 1/2 hours there, sign your life away, and 2 1/2 hours home! BTW, we put the top down in Forrest City and got a mad wind/sun burn, which sucks the life out you. 

B. I had to get up at 4 am on Saturday to drive to Fort Smith for my Practicum I class. That's 2 1/2 hours there, learn lots, eat a taco, and 2 1/2 hours home!

III. Sunday is a work day at the Preacher man's house. I have found out that a Preacher really does need a nap.

Y? Well, I'm getting to the place where I believe God wants us to rest. Napping has been voted in as resting. See, God can speak to you when your well rested, he can speak to you any dang time he wants, but we hear better when we're rested. That might be why so many people don't hear from God, they haven't slowed down enough to rest in His presence.

Do you have a porch swing? I know why God made porch swings! So we could rest with Him, in rhythm and at a slower pace with nature. The back and forth of the swing is enough to lull you to nap time isn't it? Have you ever been upset and sat in a porch swing? Whoa Nelly!! Now that's just crazy motion! However, if you will wait it out, the swing will begin to melt away your issues so that nature and God can take over and bring you comfort.

I encourage you to nap! I also call you to the porch swing where life slows down and God speaks, or at least we are able to hear from that place of rest. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly,
We all need to slow down to realize God's presence and be grateful for the divine gifts he bestows on us daily. I agree; napping physically rests the body and mentally relaxes the mind. In that state, we ate far more capable of being aware of his divine presence.
God Bless You
Geoff