Thursday, June 14, 2012

Busy?

Preacher man got home yesterday. I'm pretty happy that I didn't go to Annual Conference, cuz I would be sitting there thinking about what I could be getting done here. This is an example of what I've been getting done. I am starting to wonder, maybe I should have put this off a week? Naw! 


Went and got more boxes at The Creek and delivered some pesto to Nancy, who was pretty excited about it. I hate to get rid of all of it, but I don't think it's going to stay frozen after we unplug the freezer.


I'm washing everything I can get my hands on. The washer and dryer will be leaving tomorrow. I'm coming to a point where I feel like everything we have collected during our marriage has been sold off. You don't think you have attachment issues, get rid of some of your stuff and then talk to me!


The vet called yesterday to let us know that Yazi's remains were ready to be picked up. Some of you might think we're strange, but when you don't have kids, your animals mean the world to you. Sam and Gracie are still in every room I'm in. I walk out of the shower and Sam is laying outside the door. Gracie even wants to go out in the garage with me. 


The excitement of a new place is getting bigger in my sights, and the sadness that comes at leaving a place you've called home is also getting real. I find that I have an awesome peace about all of this every so often. Yet, at the same time, my heart is heavy with missed opportunities and friendships. God calls us to live in the moment, to be here and now. We are so good at running ahead, or falling behind, that we can forget to just be. It's hard to stand here and be ok with being right here, right now. We came here with such high hopes, so much excitement to be out of seminary and in ministry. It was all about what we were going to do. In the end, we didn't do a thing. God did to us a number though that won't soon be forgotten! Isaiah 66:2 says, But this is the one to whom I will look, to the humble and contrite in spirit who trembles at my word. It's been a long two years, but I think I get it now. It's about what we allow God to do in us, even if we aren't in a great and wonderful place, what we are willing to die to so that we can live fuller in Christ. Dying can be a messing thing, it has been for me, but the fullness of Christ living in my now, well, you can't beat that with a stick!  



1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

This post was just what I needed today! Thank you.