Wednesday, May 2, 2012

No Time!

Let nothing upset you,
Let nothing startle you.
All things pass;
God does not change.
Patience wins all it seeks.
Whoever has God lacks nothing:
God alone is enough
~Teresa of Avila

How come we can't go through our day's living this out? Or can we? What does it take to live out this short passage from Saint Teresa? After hearing some of the things going on at General Conference, I believe that the only thing for certain is God!

Most of us live in a state of upheaval that goes from one crisis to the next without taking time to rest! We don't take time to sit down and look over what has been happening in our life, cuz there isn't time for some reason and we don't understand why. I hear it often...I would love to change but I don't have the time...There aren't enough hours in the day for... To this I say Horse poop!

God has given us enough hours in the day, we are the ones who cram too much into them. I'm just as guilty as you, or I should say I use to be. OK, I am, but I'm working on it. Why do we think we have to do all that stuff? Who said we did? And where are those people that invented the list?

We are scared to death to slow down aren't we? We're afraid that someone will get ahead of us or have more cute clothes or a better hair style, or their children will be smarter. Have you heard that parents are holding their kids back from starting kindergarden so they will be older in their class and smarter? These are the same vein of parents that don't make their kids work in the summer and then can't figure out why they have no work ethic. We want ever advantage we can get in order to compete with the world.

I'm done with it! I really am! My life is so much better now that I'm out of the rat race! I got to thinking what God had in mind when he made me, and while I can do whatever I set my mind to, my mind was not thinking on what it should have been thinking on. I want beauty and the sound of water in my life. I want to dry people tears and show them the real hope in their life. I have walked their path and I'm so glad I jumped off and decided to play in the flowers!

We don't have to live like this, really we don't! All things pass! I promise! Take that cup of coffee, or glass of wine out on the porch and just listen. The baby birds are learning to fly right now! Can you hear them? God does not change! Slow down, hear what the creator of the world has to say to you! Your the one that's too busy to hear, He's speaking!  

No comments: