Thursday, April 19, 2012

Animals

Sam and Yazi
I see I've been a little on the anti-posting mind set this week, but give me a break, it's been a tuff week, and it's still not over! It all started with a dear one in crisis, which is always enough to drop you to your knees. Then Yazi stopped eating and drinking on Monday and I feel like I've followed him around with sardines and water on the chance he would want something. I had lunch with my dear friend Lois yesterday, who is the official herd watcher when we go out of town. She is also the mother-in-law to our vet! Needless to say, she used a few good words that caused me to call Preacher man and we headed to the vet. 


Part of my issue is when Shyela (our first dog) was alive, we kept her going for way too long. She was blind, and had diabetes. Shots twice a day got old and expensive and her quality of life suffered. Preacher man and I swore we would never do that again. Quality of life is so important and that's all I'm going to say about that.


Sam and Fred
As you know, Sam is getting old and in fact, 13 is old for a big dog like him. He hit's ruff spots, but seems to pull through them. Dog's are so much easier than cat's in my book. Well, sorta! Fred, the black cat that came with the Wilmore house, just got up and left after 1 1/2 years with us to go die alone somewhere. Broke my heart! I believe if Yazi had the chance, he too would just go for a walk and not come back. 


Now that we know Yazi has thyroid issue's, he needs to be pilled twice a day. We also have to get him back on food and water. He does not want to do any of these things. 


On top of all that, Preacher man and I start our motorcycle schooling tonight and I'm freaking out about that! The Walk to Emmaus start's next Thursday and we both need to work on our talks. Did I mention we're packing to move? 


So, please forgive the tardiness of the posting. While I work well under pressure, I'm not hanging in there so well at this point. I will do better, maybe.          

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly,
Don't worry. You first have to take care of yourself before you can properly help others to take care of themselves.
As the airlines tell you, you first put on your oxygen mask before helping others do the same.
God Bless You,
Geoff