Friday, February 17, 2012

The Creek!

When it's time to walk away and do what your being called to do in a bigger way, it's always hard to go. Or at least it is for me and in all honesty, that's the way it should be. I have had jobs that I've been "let go" from, asked to leave without the words being spoken, never fired, even though I tried really hard. the hardest to leave are the ones that you leave when your heart wants to stay. That's where I am right now!


In a way, my heart is lighter because now I can give time to doing what I know needs to be done in the next few months. I have decisions to make and plans to lay down to prepare for what's next. I need rest, refilling and rejuvenation. Oh and I need to run. (What's with the words beginning with r?) My very first job is to take care of Preacher man and this needs to be done in a way that working doesn't let me do. Will I be going crazy in a month or 2? Probably, cuz that's how I'm put together, thinking I get my worth from what I do. My true self knows better than that and it's time to live into it.


The way this job is coming to an end is different and I needed it to be in the worst way. In fact, I needed it more than I thought I did. It's hard for women to work well with women, but this job has been different. When your boss get's as choked up as you do, and you walk away knowing your still friends, it's special.


Me working at Coldwater Creek was never about me selling clothes! It was so much more than that. It was a heart connection that somewhere along the way we have forgotten about. It's more than selling clothes, it's about ministering to the heart of a woman where she is the most venerable, at her self worth. I never told a woman she looked good in something when she didn't. I always told them when their butts looked good, and let me tell you a 70 year old woman needs to hear that every now and then! It was about having fun and making people laugh while doing a good job.


I love my friends at the Creek! They will always be my sisters from a different mother.