Sunday, December 11, 2011

Today!

Today is the day! It's day 1 of my training for the half marathon on March 31, 2012. There's a part of me that doesn't want to do this, mainly cuz I'm afraid I'll get hurt again. I remember 2 years ago (Jan 20,2010) at about this time I was starting to train for my first half when this wanna-be trainer messed me up. I was doing a plank with one leg lifted and he came along and pushed down on my leg without me knowing about it and pulled my hip flexor. Needless to say, I was unable to run for like 6 months and that's when the weight gain started and I stopped working Weight Watchers. 


OK back to training starting today! The total miles this week will be 16, which I feel might be a little high, but if it doesn't kill me, I'll keep going. This first day is a rest day, Wooo-Hooo! I do 4 miles tomorrow, 3 on Wednesday and 3 on Thursday and my first long run will be Saturday with 6 miles. I guess I'm up for it, I've been running for about 6 weeks now, just getting use to it again. I am however not taking Gracie with me anymore, as she is hurt. I think it helps my left knee not to have her pulling on me all the time. The weather was perfect today, 51 degrees, no wind, sun shining like crazy, but rest means rest. 


I really do like to run, it's harder now than it use to be because I'm heavier than I was. I can throw myself into a tizzy too by just thinking about the race. All the people, hills, needing to go to the porta-potty, falling, getting passed by strollers, you name it and I freak out about it. I've never been an athlete, so I'm not too good at dealing with that anxiety. 


I got my blood work done on Thursday, 6 weeks after the Doc told me to start running and upped my pill dosage by a 1/2 pill per week. I was hoping my numbers would still be a little high so I could blame someone or something. Alas, the numbers are where we talked about them being. So now it's up to me, not the drugs. I hate that!


I will get up at 5, do my quit time, feed the Preacher man, run, get in the shower by 8:30 so I can get to work at 10. When I get off at 3, I can run then, but when I don't get off till 4, it turns cold and dark too fast. So that means running in the morning. I think I need to get a head lamp, just in case!    

No comments: