Thursday, December 29, 2011

Three years!

It seems pretty funny to me that I am starting on my third year as a blogger. I was talking to Preacher man about why I do this just the other day and I came across some pretty interesting reasons, for mw at least. 


I would like to think that I blog to vent, but I find this to be far from the truth. I can vent just about anywhere I am and I don't really need this media to do it. 


I remember starting this so people could keep up with our journey as Preacher man and his wife, and while that still holds truth to it, our journey doesn't seem to be changing too much right now, but that is always subject to change.


 What I came up with was two fold. First, it's to complete a thought all the way through. I don't know if you have this issue or not, but I am forever being interrupted. I start to speak and tell a story or my thoughts on something and WAHAM there it is...someone else is talking right through my thought. I know this means they weren't really listening in the first place and I usually forget what I was talking about because I'm trying to be a good listener to them. So this has become a place where I can follow my thought all the way to the end, without being corrected, interrupted, ignored or counseled.


The other reason has become, or maybe I should say is becoming. I am growing in my walk with Jesus and I want to share it mainly because we all need to keep moving in the direction that He is calling us in. As human's we get lazy and I think we need each other to poke in the ribs and keep us going. I have thoughts and reflections that I didn't have a few years ago. I'm learning important things that have increased my ability to show mercy and spread grace and if we don't share stuff like that, how are we to learn? I may see something in a way that you have never thought about and if you listen, you might hear something you need to hear. 


So the long and the short of it is, life is short as it get's shorter the older we get. We need to stop being so sarcastic, thinking we are being funny, and really start being open and honest with each other. If I have a New Year's resolution, that has got to be it. To be real! How about yours?  


     

No comments: