Friday, December 30, 2011

Old Hurts!

African Violets
So here it is, the end, or very close to the end of yet another year. This has been what I would classify as one tuff year, however there are parts that I would do again and that I'm incredibly grateful for. Then there are the parts that sucked and continue to do so. The strange thing is, we think by saying good-bye to a year will make the next year better. I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking that might not be so true for me anymore. 


Here's what I'm going to be working on, maybe it would be better to say that I'm going to let God work on me about. "Letting go of old hurts!" Gross huh? Something I, in my own right don't want to do, care anything about doing or letting God do through me. Yet more and more this subject keeps popping up and when that happens, I know it's God calling me into account.


I am one to lead the charge of "One day you will have to pay for what you did to me, my husband, my family, my life (fill in the blank with whatever your ranting about). I can not and will not forgive you or forget what you did!" 
Wow Kim, really? 
Why yes God, really! If I don't hold on to this, they will never be paid back in full, they will never 'get what they deserve', and they will continue to hurt others and it's got to my job in life to hold on to this hurt!... Right?
Oh my, let's look and see what I have to say about that in, how about Matthew 6:14-15, or 2 Corinthians 5:17-19.
Dang it! I knew you were going to do that.


I love how the message puts it: In prayer there is a connection between what God does and what you do. You can't get forgiveness from God, for instance, without also forgiving others. If you refuse to do your part, you cut yourself off from God's part."  ~ Matt 6:14-15


God uses us (Believers) to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God's work of making things right between them. ~ 2 Cor 6:19


But I've tried to, I've worked hard at forgiving and it never sticks.
Do you want to forgive?
yeah...
Then you need to put it on Christ and LET him do it for you.
But I really could help and I know how to get back at them and...and... Your shaking your head at me again aren't you?
Let go and let him do it for you.


This is the partnership I'm working on with Jesus! I think it's more like He's working on with me. It's not easy, and if it was everyone would be doing it huh?

   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great post! I have conversations like this all the time and He is always gentle but RIGHT! I hope you get the old hurts worked out early in this new year so you can bask in the freedom you will receive. I too am hoping for a simpler year but as long as Christ leads I will endure and grow!