Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Process!

I was reading for the "Perfect reader" that Asbury put out for this semester and I really wanted to share this cuz it makes you think differently. Or at least it makes me think differently.


Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to find yourself, your true self. What kind of deal is it to get everything you want but lose yourself? What could you ever trade your soul for? ~ Matthew 16:13-28 MSG~


That not all 13-28, it's the part that stood out to me. So what do you think about that? The thing that get me is it's not forced on any of us. It's all about choice with Jesus. He never said, You Must come and be with me! or Just think about it and if your nice enough you'll get to heaven and you will be happy! I have looked for it and it's not in there! 


The bottom line is this walk isn't easy! No where does it say that it would be. In fact it says the opposite! Jesus tells us, You will suffer! But something that we forget, in the suffering, charter is built. I have been called a charter before, but my charter is changing to be more like Christ. Is it easy? Heck no! Do I have it down? No way! But I'm on the right track, cuz I'm suffering and Jesus is showing me how to embrace it. In the process, I'm becoming more like Christ. 


I do not predict that I will be Christ like in, say 3 weeks! I have my whole life to get this right. It maybe half over, but at least I'm starting. I made a choice to follow where ever God lead me. Since that time Preacher man and I have moved three times into three different states. We have given up so much of what we have worked for to start over yet again, that it makes the worlds head spin. This place of oppression that I find myself is making me rely on God and God alone. Being a people person, this has been hard. God is refining me into the woman HE wants me to be. You know what? I getting it and I'm ok with it. I am walking the way of self-sacrifice! I am finding myself, my true self. It's not easy, if you want to join me, know it won't be easy, but we won't be alone either!
Peace out!




No comments: