Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Over Flow

What comes to mind when you hear, "Let your life over flow."? I got to thinking about that today and it could really mean a lot of different things. Have you ever noticed that when your moods are in extreme, everyone seems to know it? Or is this just an issue with me?


When I'm excited or in a good mood, I squeal. Not like a pig so much, as a high pitched Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! Then I put back of my hands against my nose and wiggle my fingers. I think this got into our gene pool somewhere along the way and I'm going to blame it on Mama! She must have been the one to start it cuz no one else in the world that I've been exposed to ever does it, except Mama, me and my sister. (Poor Daddy & Preacher man) I also have the uncanny ability to make people laugh. So I would say that when I'm in a good mood and your in a bad mood and you want to stay that way, stay away from me!


Yet on the other side of the coin, I can get into some pretty dark moods too. The nice thing about that is I usually don't get around others when this mood attacks! Except for Preacher man, who knows not to try and get me out of it, he just loves me through it. 


I think in that loving people through it, is where we let our life over flow. It's not so much about throwing up our life all over someone, even though I'm sure I can and have been accused of this folly. It's more about our life being so full that it over flows onto others. Does that make sense? So if we are meeting with the creator of the universe daily and letting Him flow into us, guess what flows onto others? If we aren't, guess what over flows onto others. 


I have decided that when we get our land, one of the first things I'm going to do is plant Maple trees. Can I tell you, I have fallen in love with this tree. Spending so many years in Colorado, I forgot what this tree was all about. It is one of the most beautiful trees around! In the fall is when it shines in all it's glory! The hint of yellow that turns to a screaming red! B-U-T-FUL!!


So if I were a tree, it would be a maple! I would over flow my red leaves onto everyones life and help them to remember that playing in the leaves is a great way to get over that bad mood!   

No comments: