Monday, October 10, 2011

How God Deals!

Slot Canyon Waterslide by Stephen Baird
I have to admit that I have been in a different place than where I usually hang out. Is this good? Maybe. Is it brighter? Definitely! Do I like it? Not all the time, but more times than not. Let me explain.


I have been so hungry and thirsty for God I could climb a tree and scream at the top of my lungs "Beam me up God! Now!!!" However, God being God and knowing how he deals with me, I sense him giggling at me. I shake my fist at Him and fall out of the tree!


Upon landing and trying to get it together or at least in some sort of order, I start this class on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, and life as I now know it is beginning to change. It's not rocket science or brain surgery, which is a good thing cuz I'm sure I would blow someone up, but it is a slowing down. Now, for those of you that know me, you know I don't do slow real well. But I am doing it. 


I read a different scripture every morning and soak in it. I go into prayer to listen and consider how God beholds me. It's been very good! Today my scripture was Psalm 23, I thought, oh how boring! But guess what God showed me...


You prepare a table before me 
in the presence of my enemies; 
you anoint my head with oil; 
my cups over flows.   

I felt the ground come up and smack me as the air came out of my body. Jump to the side, knowing that I'm also in a groovy Bible study and this past week we were studying Gideon and his oppressive situation. "Oppressive environments can cloud views and distort opinions. God sees past our limited view of ourselves." (lesson 4 .Witte)
WHAT?!?! God, you know this is an oppressive environment don't you?
Yes, I put you here.
You put me here where views are clouded and opinions distorted?
Uh, Yeah. That was me. I was also the one that said that stuff about preparing a table for you and being with you as you walk through the darkest valley. You are to focus on me and listen to the preacher man. Got it?
Uh, Yeah!  

This has been huge for me and I'm sure you will think I am plumb crazy now, if there was any question before. But this is how God deals with me and teaches me. I love it! 

God has anointed my head with oil and my cups over flows onto the people He shows me. They ask, hey could you pray? I say, you bet your bottom dollar I can. I live for days like this! To give glory to God for all He is and all He does!

You Rock God!!! Did you hear that? I think He was giggling again!

No comments: