Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Watered Down

Tuesday's are strange days for me and heres why. I don't have a large amount to read and ponder. It's my day seven for both of my studies and that's the day of rest. Now, day of rest for me looks like this today.


1. Laundry has got to be done before we start running around naked! Ok it's not that bad, but Preacher man did run out of socks last week!
2. I have Spiritual Exercise class from 10:30 to 12, which I am looking forward to. I have seen God work in my life this week in very restful ways. Which he's done before but it's been different somehow this week.
3. I have to be at the Creek from 12:00 to about 5:00 to help with 48 boxes of shipment coming in. Two things here are strange, I can't get across town that fast to be on time and we have the new fall stuff coming in! It is so strange that I get excited about God and clothes all in the same thought.
4. I leave for Fayetteville around 5:00 for my Voices and Choices class and should be home around 8:00.
Doesn't that sound restful? Shesh!


This is from E. Stanley Jones, The Christ of the Mount.
Years ago when I asked Mahatman Gandhi what we could do to naturalize Christianity in India so that it would cease to be a foreign thing, among other things he replied: "Practice your religion without adulterating it or toning it down" - and he had in mind the Sermon on the Mount. 


This speaks volumes to me and I have to add my AMEN! I am so tired of hearing Christians apologize for the Gospel or water it down. It isn't a book you need to add to or take away from, it's the Bible! It's the Word of God and for some reason, he didn't need our thoughts or suggestions about what needed to go into it when it was written. I will not say I'm sorry that the Bible says, if you don't forgive, God won't forgive you. (Paraphrasing by me) The reason behind this, I believe, is because God wants us to know about the power of forgiveness. It's HUGE people! I will admit, I don't forgive as I should and I want my own kind of vengeance, BUT GOD. It always comes down to but God! He shows up and speaks into our ear and if we listen, life becomes powerful. 


When we adulterate what the Bible says, we are taking the power of God away. We are softening the blow so we can all feel good about where we are in life and we can ride the happy train into hell! For real! 


People want truth, and you know what? They can handle it. I was talking to someone the other day and they said something should not have been done because it made that person uncomfortable! You know what I say to that? Good! Change comes when we get uncomfortable! This life is not about your comfort! It's about becoming more like Christ! It is about dying to self not exalting self! That would be the world talking. 


The world is speaking so loudly; If it feels good, do it. It's your money, do with it as you feel you should. Look out for number 1! There is no power in any of this. The power comes when you say "Here, take what I have God and use it however you need it." You know if the people in the church were to tithe we would not be in the situation we find our selves in today? But everyone thinks everyone else should do their part first and if it works for them, I might do it. There is no power in that. 


Dr Kalas said it best. "Kingdom people should be doing Kingdom work right now, not waiting for the Kingdom to come."     


   

No comments: