Thursday, August 18, 2011

Know what you Know!

Israel
I told Preacher man yesterday that I might need to take a break from blogging. I seem to be in a mood lately and I'm a bit bitety. He seemed to agree, which made my mood a little darker, but then I thought, this is who I am and you have a choice to read or not. I also got up this morning and for some stupid reason, read the newspaper. Let me ask you this question. When you think of Madrid Spain do you think they are a nation of Catholics? I mean most Spanish/Latin American people are right? Do you know that Madrid is having riots to protest the Pope coming? People, it's time to get smart and buy the amino for your weapons, plant the seeds that will feed you, learn to cook (Leigh), get a few chickens and a cow, cuz it's going to start happen over here sooner than we think. We are living in a cotton candy factory that envelopes us with good words and visions of change that never really go the way they should. They next thing we know we are covered in sticky crap that won't come off and every bug in the neighborhood is after us.
We are living in a time when we better start knowing who we are and what we stand for. Just because you go to church doesn't make you a Christian, anymore than sitting in your garage makes you a car. We've talked about this. Yet we seem to be happy with "Playing Church". I pray over our church ever Sunday before services with a gal and I told her this very week that I was done playing church! I want the word preached to me from the Bible. She told a group of us last night that she's tired of having her ears tickled for an hour once a week! I almost feel out of the pew! Preach it girl! 
The Pope and the Orthodox prelates are meeting to see how they can find ways to bring their churches closer together. They are seeing that the global village of Europe is making a choice to live without Jesus in it's mists and is saying, you can leave. It is becoming harder and harder to be a Christian in Europe, and I pray for the Church. I also see that the tide is turning in our own country, faster than most of us even want to notice, especially if you live in the grand Bible Belt states. There was a mosk (I don't know how to spell it!) built in Jonesboro Arkansas, very near Arkansas State University when I was there in the early 80's. I thought nothing about it...now I do.
My point is, you better know what you know, cuz the time is drawing near where persecution will be happening. The thing I want you to understand is you will stand before Jesus and you don't want him to say "I never knew you." 
It is time to stop playing church, church! It is time that we get on our knees, flat on our faces and cry out to God! "Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me a sinner!"