Thursday, June 23, 2011

Voice

Are you faithful to the Voice? Do you hear the Voice? Are there a lot of different voice's yelling in your head most of the time or is there a dead silence? I am pondering this mainly because someone butt texted Preacher man at 2:00 this morning and guess who heard it and went in search to find out what it was? That's right! Me! It wouldn't have been so bad if it had only happened one time, but it happen repeatedly for about 8 minutes! We found out later that someone had fallen asleep on their phone somehow and sent black texts out to folks. The issue is, when I get woken up at 2, and it is either 2 or 3, I don't go back to sleep until right before the alarm goes off at 5. So I laid there listening to the voices in my head and the wanta be snores from Preacher man. I got up at 3 to read and see if God had something for me, since it didn't look like sleep was going to happen. I came across the blog from a professor, and he was talking about people who pray "The things that break your heart oh God, I pray they would break my heart." Now I know someone who does that, and I have done it once or twice, but then I saw this picture by James Tissots.
    This picture is what Jesus might have seen from the cross. I'm thinking this scene might have broken Jesus's heart. It breaks my heart. But you know what? Jesus always listened to the Voice! This is where they ended his life, but he always listened to the Voice. Not the crazy voice that came from Peter sometimes, or the voice of the people who wanted him to save himself from this awful death. He listened to the still small voice and he did what he was told to do. It's why he came for goodness sake. But Jesus was able to hear the Voice because he spent time away from the crowds and the noise. He got still and quite with God the Father and he listened. When was the last time you took the time to really listen to the Voice? Mine was this morning and while I'm tired, I'm glad I listened!  

No comments: