Friday, June 24, 2011

Time

I'm starting to get excited! No really I am! Preacher man and I are going to Aldersgate this year! EEEEEEEEEE! In case you don't know, it's  a national conference on spirit-filled living and the largest United Methodist conference in the US! The theme this year is Suddenly Undone and the scripture is Isaiah 6:5
And I said: "Woe is me! I am lost, for I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!
 So I can only guess at what is going to be going on there! For years I have heard from folks who go and they are never the same. Healing happens there, the word is preached and talks are given. When Preacher man said he would take me, I almost feel down. He's not much into the flag flying stuff, so I am praying it is a good time for both of us! 
July promises to go by fast as we have a ton of things going on, but then again, where did June go? Why is it that when your young and your waiting for Christmas, it never comes? Yet the birthday's won't slow down now that I'm, well...older!?
I got my two books in the mail today! Last time I was with Sister Rachel she gave me a prayer in contemplative voice, that was taken from one of the Psalms. Jerry Webber has written two books that are for the use in a Lenten and an Advent study. I loved this stuff! You read the Psalm they have for that day and then you read the prayer that Jerry has written. He also has a reflective piece for you to go over.
Sometime I walk a well-trod path,
and sometimes I venture out where there is no trail to follow.
Wherever I am, You find me,
in order to guide my steps.
Though my journey may seem frightening to me,
it is not unknown to You.
Even when I don't know my way,
I am not lost to You.
You are in front of me and You are behind me,
surrounding me with love wherever I go.
~~from Psalm 139 Prayer
There don't seem to be enough hours in a day for me to read all the stuff I want to. However there are enough hours in the day to keep teaching Yazi to use the fly swatter!

No comments: