Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Let me Clarify!

Turkey's in fog at mom & dads
Yesterday didn't go any better after I posted, even though I had high hopes. I believe that men who are married to women that are either fast approaching 50, or hanging out around it, need to be given a huge pass for about 8 years. I so can not live with myself right now! My focus is everywhere except where it should be, my body is porking out and pissing me off, I hate this house, my dogs are getting old, I find it hard to do anything but want to eat junk and I just had to make a pile of clothes to sell cuz I can't get my fat butt in them. Calgone come get me and take me away!
When we left Wilmore, I went through all my clothes and got rid of the ones that at that time were too big for me. See, I have had this talk with myself for years. I have sixes 6 to 14 that surround my life. When I left, I decided that sizes 12 and up needed to go. I was not going to be that big again, and IF it happened, I would just have to buy new clothes. I changed over the clothes yesterday and brought in the summer stuff. The sizes are 6 to 10 and guess what I had to do? That's right, I had to get rid of the sizes smaller than an 8. So this leaves me with a very tight 10 that doesn't really look good. So I'm mad about that now.


OK today's word to think about it Clarifying.
verb (used with object)

1.
to make (an idea, statement, etc.) clear or intelligible; tofree from ambiguity.
2.
to remove solid matter from (a liquid); to make into a clearor pellucid liquid.
3.
to free (the mind, intelligence, etc.) from confusion; revive:The short nap clarified his thoughts.

So what do you think about this? I got #2 down, no problem. I think we all should work on #3 cuz naps are good! AMBIGUITY!? Doubtfulness, uncertainty of meaning. Well, that clears that up huh? To be free from doubt, that's a tall order for me how about you? However, I'm freer from doubt than I use to be and I think thats a step in the clarifying direction. I bet I will be even more free from doubt at the end of the day! Isn't that the way we should really be looking at it anyway? To be closer to Christ everyday, by walking it out and working out our salvation, everyday. Not just on Sundays.
Preacher man and I are starting a Sunday school class for new members and he asked them what their experience of Sunday school had been and what it is now. Most of them thought Sunday school was just for kids, which I think happens a lot. I also heard "I want to have more than an hour of learning a week, but I don't have time to do a time consuming study that will require me to do anything during the week." Yeah, right, good luck with that! I use to be right where these folks are. My life and career were so much more important than anything I could be learning from the Bible. I didn't have time to be reading... Well let me clarify something right off the bat, you better make time! See, God uses #2 as much on us and we do when cooking. He takes the solid, hard unbelieving parts of us, and over a slow hot fire, He stirs and makes a clear, beautiful liquid. If you get in the pot, be prepared to become a clear or pellucid liquid. I'm just saying...   

1 comment:

redheadbeck said...

LOVE your photo!!! Beautiful!!

And yes, menopause is AWFUL!!! But this too shall pass! Hang in there girlie! Prayers for peace and for your new Sunday school class!!! I'd LOVE to be a part of it!