Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Planting!

Freshly planted Dill!
I went to church with Susan and Eddie to listen to Rev. Dr. Bishop Will Willimon from the North Alabama Conference. Enjoyed that! I got home around 9:45 and really didn't know what to do with myself so I thought today is the 10th and that's the last day of a late frost so why not plant some stuff! So I went and found a pot and put some dirt in it and planted some dill! Then I thought, why don't I go ahead and plant my cucumbers, so I did! I only had 25 seeds and I just don't know if thats going to be enough plants! I'm thinking about ordering some more seed from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, which by the way is the very best place on earth to get seed! Their website is www.rareseeds.com and if they don't got it, you don't need it! Go ahead, check it out, I'll wait!
Freshly thinned Lettuce, dead on the counter!


 After I got the cash crop planted, I looked at my pot of lettuce, which is over crowed and needs to be thinned! I truly hate to thin plants. I believe that it's killing perfectly good plants that could someday grow up and be a meal or something. I also remember in Kentucky when I didn't thin my lettuce. It was over taken by this moldy gross stuff that killed it anyway. SO I went to thinning in hopes of having a bigger, better crop. Did you know, as you pull the little seedlings up you can really hear them screaming if you listen close enough. Good thing the wind is blowing like a banshie today and I couldn't hear them. So all in all, I got some stuff done today that I had planned on doing tomorrow. 
Thinned pot of Lettuce!
Now, that I have that taken care of, I should go read the lesson for today's Bible study that happens this afternoon. I'm thinking about skipping my meeting tonight for the Creek, cuz I really want to go hear Willimon speak again. But Anne went and picked me up some Hillbilly Potato Leaf Tomato plants along with a purple cherry and a orange pepper. I really need to pick them up and bring them home. I guess I'll be going and picking up some big ole pots tomorrow so I can transplant those babies. Oh Bother, I have to write my second case study tomorrow!   

No comments: