Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday!

Most of the research paper is done. Well, it still needs some work, but the body of it is done. I do believe this will be the last on line class I take. I know why people take them, but after being in the seminary community and experiencing the growth that happens from just showing up to class, I have to steer you away from this type of learning. I would not have gotten in trouble for saying what I did to Bob, had we been in the same room. In fact I'm sure I've made people mad from reading my blog, because only 7% translate when it's written. Anyway, I believe that getting certified in spiritual direction through Perkins will be good for me. I don't know that I have it in me to get my masters and don't know that it would help me any more than what I'm learning now. There comes a time when you just have to do and stop studying and reading about it. 


When we got to this church, I started praying over the space and for the pastors, and I was alone doing it. Now I have comany, Barb asked me Thursday if she could show up and pray with me. I smiled really big and said of course, I start at 7:30 in the prayer room. I also asked the gal's that I had in bible study to come if they felt lead. So we'll see what happens.


I got an email from the Heart of the Ozarks Emmaus Community! I have been trying to get in touch with them for over six months and now we are connected and I'm so excited! Would love to bring the "Walk" to our church. It so opened our eyes to what the church should look like, of how we all fit and are needed to do our part. It's a place where I hope to get plugged in with other folks that get it.


Tomorrow Alex starts up a confirmation class and a young adult Sunday school class. I get to do communion again between the services and we have our charge conference tomorrow afternoon. After all that we will run home, pack up the dogs and head to Mom and Dad's, where we will spend the night and celebrate Momma's birthday! I'm off to the Creek to work! I really have been enjoying that job, mostly. Today is OneCreek which is where everything in the store is 35% off and we are all working, so it should be crazy time. I think I'll leave my purse at home! Oh yeah, Go Hogs!    

1 comment:

redheadbeck said...

Tell Mrs Sylvia "Happy Birthday!"