Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Leaves


I raked up four bags of leaves today before I could even mow. It's not even fall yet! But it has been so hot and dry that the trees are throwing off their leaves. Seems like every time we move someplace, something happens weather-wise. We moved to Memphis, and they had an ice storm that kept us in the dark for nine days. We moved to Durango, and the first weekend I was there, we got 52 inches of snow in one weekend. Then the snowfall kinda dried up, and we had crazy fires in the summer. We moved away, and they got more snow than they had in 10 years. We moved to Kentucky, and that fall, there were deadly floods. We move here, and we're going to all burn up and blow away. It's crazy!
It's so hot that the bees are hanging out at the bird waterer, trying to cool off. I tried to take a picture of one of them, but I got too close and scared him. He fell into the water and was struggling to get out, just beating his little wings so fast that he sounded like a little bee speedboat. He made it to the edge and climbed out, sorta shook himself off and flew off to warn his bee buddies. That's my update on how hot it is. I tried to beat the heat for my run and found out that it was 76 at 6 a.m. Crazy!

No comments: