Tuesday, August 31, 2010

5K


I went and signed up to run a 5K on Labor Day! I must be out of my mind. I won't be able to go to my 30year class reunion, as I have to work the Saturday home game against Tennessee Tech. So I thought, “Why not run in a local race on Monday?” Not sure if I'm going to use the Gallaway method or if I'm going to freak out and run the whole thing. The cool thing that I've seen with using the Gallaway method is that I can run a 6:45 mile at the end of my run. I'm doing around a 9:35 average, and the one-minute fast walk sure does help me recover and have energy throughout. I also don't want to overthink it, which would cause me to fall over during the race. It really is something I enjoy doing if I just let myself run and not worry about everybody else. My other issue is I feel like I've gained too much weight to race. I am not having much luck at getting it off, and it makes me feel slow. So who knows how this will go? I'm going to show up and see what happens. It's been eight months since I was hurt and 10 months since my last race, so I should be ready. If I'm not, this will be a good place to see that and start to work on things from here.

I so enjoyed going to Coldwater Creek yesterday. The folks I'm going to be working with seem great, and the clothes are changing, which is a good thing. They had started to get old-looking in the last few years, but then I found out that the guy who started the company got sick and stepped back a few years ago. He came back and is in the process of youngin’ it up. They are getting back to nature, and the look is very Southwestern, with warm neutrals and yummy reds and purples. I'm going to go in today and see about getting some clothes with a great discount.

I am also going to do some research on other seminaries that offer certification in spiritual formation if I don't run out of time today. I start my Polity class on the 7th, and I can't say I'm looking forward to it. I tried to justify dropping it to Alex, and he said it was only two hours, and if I ever decide to get my master’s, I will have to have this class. How boring to learn about the Methodist book of Discipline. I am looking forward to my spiritual direction classes that will start at the end of October, so maybe that will make up for it.

No comments: