Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another step, Completed!

I have to do a disclaimer before I get started on this blog. My editor, Mitch, is off having some much needed fun time. I will try to spell everything right and  really don't care about grammar, so bear with me until his return!
We are back from Annual Conference and my husband is now a Probational Member of the Arkansas Annual Conference! He will hold this status for about two years after which time he will become ordained and be a member in full connection. All this is say he is now a Reverend, is that cool? The craziest part is that makes me officially the Pastor's wife. So I must confess that at this time I do not feel any different and I don't think I look any different, but I will keep you posted! We spent time with family and friends, met new church family and mainly just soaked it all in. It was a precious time, that while they do this every year, for us it's a once in a life time deal.
The Bishop gave a sermon before the commissioning about how we are all called to do God's work. The really strange part is I felt like he was talking straight to me! I know that God is calling me into the ministry, I'm just having issues discerning, to do what? No one persons call looks like anyone else's, and in all honesty nothing God has ever done for me has looked like anyone else's and I really love that about God. At this point in my life when I have to unload yet another U-Haul and unpack boxes until there are no more to unpack, I feel like I don't even have time to think about it. So I was a little surprised when God showed up to smack me in the head at Alex's commissioning! It was like He was saying, "I haven't forgotten, and this is your reminder that I'm not letting you off the hook!" So, I will pray and seek God's face until this is laid out and I can make heads or tails of it. I know He wants me to pray for and with people, it's just hard to figure out how to let people know that. This has got to be why He has shown me that I'm to come in under the radar and hover until I see the need. 
The big question of the day is how do you hover and unpack boxes? I bet the Holy Spirit never had to unpack boxes!    

No comments: