Saturday, March 6, 2010

Planting time!

Well, today was another beautiful one, and I got out there and planted me some crops! All of the seeds are now in the ground, and I will be waiting and watching daily for the little wonders to come out of the ground. It did my heart good to play in the dirt, even if it's a small patch and not a large area. The ground smelled good and ready to go to work after a winter of rest. It's so cool that God does us the same way, and we have to go through the different seasons or we have no fruit. When the sower in Matthew 13 went out to sow his seed, some of the seed fell on the path, and the birds ate it up. Some fell on rocky ground with very little soil, and the seed came up but died quickly. Other seed feel in with the thorns and were choked out. Yet some seed fell on good soil and brought forth grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. What kind of ground do you have? Are you rocky and dry with very little soil? Then rest in God's goodness today and ask Him to enrich your ground so that you can have a harvest. Are you hanging with the thorns that are choking the life out of you, stealing your joy and watching as you try to live two different lives? Stop it and go to the garden and just "be" with the master gardener who will show you how to pull the thorns from your life. Whatever your ground is, God can work with it if you ask him to. I think I have had each of these ground breakings within myself at one time or another. What I am working on now is having the good soil that hears and understands and indeed bears fruit. My issue arises when the master gardener wants to prune me so I have more fruit, but that is a story for a later date. Right now, we are looking on and waiting to see the seed spring forth. Will the birds get it before it has a chance? Will it be good soil with no thorns?

No comments: