Monday, January 11, 2010

Soup Beans



OK, So I want to go to the Greek Isles.  My husband got me a calendar for Christmas that has all these great pictures on it and all the building are white with blue door and windows.  It looks so easy to hang out there!  It really looks warm and inviting and didn't the marathon get started there a bizillion years ago?  The calendar hangs by my desk right next to the window that over looks the main road into town...oh bother!  Why is it that when it's cold outside we always want to be somewhere hot?  Come to think of it I don't know if I ever want to be somewhere cold, I deal better with hot and sweating.  Hey, speaking of sweating I  ran 4 today and it felt like a cakewalk after the 9 on Saturday!  Which makes me feel like maybe, just maybe, I should be able to do the half in March huh?  I have decided that the very best thing about cold weather is hot food oh and hot showers!  If I could stand in my hot shower eating hot food I would be a happy camper!  Needless to say that would end up being a mess and I would be real wrinkly.  So I thought that today would be a good day for soup beans.  That's what I call them but I think the name on the bag of beans is "Great Northerns".  Doesn't that figure!  I am also going to fix up some cornbread and slice up an onion and we will be eating high on the hog tonight!  Wonder if they have soup beans on the Greek Isles?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummm.
Congrats on the "cakewalk" 4 - yes, you are going to be able to do the half in March!

Anonymous said...

I bet they do but call them something exotic sounding.