Saturday, January 9, 2010

Long Run!

I just wanted to share with you what an ipod looks like after you wash and dry it...please take my word for it and don't try this at home!  As I pressed the buttons with a prayer in my heart and my fingers crossed...nothing happened!  The next thought that crossed my mind as I was crying out loud and saying things like "I can't ever have anything!" I thought how hard running my long run on Saturday was going to be without my tunes!  I mean 9 miles tunes!!!  So as Saturday is here and I decided to run on the mill and not the roads, because it's icy, I have to say that I was ok with the blue wall and I found some tunes on CMT.  Now most of the country music that was on the tube wasn't fast pace but that's ok as I was only doing 5 MPH (which is a 12 minute mile) it only took 1:42:35 to do the 9 miles!  So if I stay the same and don't improve any I should be able to run the half marathon well under 3 hours!  I mean 13.1 miles is really looking doable right now.  

We watched "Ultra-marathon Man 50 marathons, 50 states, 50 days" last night (I know, bless my husbands heart!) and I gotta tell ya, I'm just not that crazy yet!  However, it was pretty crazy to rent the thing and watch it!  I noticed that Ultra-marathon man didn't run with an ipod, so maybe I'm going to be alright without one.  Naaaa! I get motivated with music and know myself well enough to know I need something.  I have a Boombox but don't think my time or shoulder would be at it's best with that monster sitting on me!  
Oh Bother!!

1 comment:

Lee Ryan said...

I think it's easier to get through a race without an I-pod; there are so many other people, usually music, cheerleading squads, etc... It's the long weekend runs that begs for something for the ears.

I can't imagine running on a treadmill for 9-miles, but that's just me.

I've put one of the older nanos through a complete wash and dry cycle; it works fine now. For what it's worth I would suggest a) not turning it on for about 4 or 5 days; b) maybe include in that time some deliberate drying: e.g. blowdryer or setting it in some sunlight - but that's just because I'm impatient, I don't know how much it helps. Suffice it to say that after a solid week of drying out, the device worked again, but I was probably just lucky.

Good luck.