Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gentleness!

I read today in Philippians 4:5 "Let your gentleness be known to everyone.  The Lord is near."
Wow!  That pokes me in the eye - I was told this morning that I leave a trail of blood behind me...but I think that people who don't know me are saying that.  I do have gentleness and a caring spirit to me - it's just that I don't like sharing it with most people because they just step on me.  So I'm not sure how to react to this.  People who haven't taken the time to get to know me think that I'm shallow and uncaring, mean and leave a trail of blood and destruction behind me.  However, there are a few folks that have taken the time to see behind the veil and have found warmth and comfort there along with some really good belly laughs!  I'm the one they call when they are feeling down and need a pick me up or God puts them on my heart and I know when to call them.  I'm the one that get's asked to give spiritual recommendations for people because we are able to connect at that deep level.  Heck, I'm the one that God picked to be a preachers wife, and believe me I have thought about this one for awhile.  Is Alex becoming a preachers so I can be the preachers wife or did God want me to be the preacher's wife and now Alex get's to be the preacher?  I bet that's a chicken and egg question huh?  Anyway, I have been around the block enough to know that you just can't lay your pearls before swine...I mean you can but the swine will just eat the pearls and that's not what pearls are for!  So we must pick our swine?  I am a gentle person that has a veiled exterior to keep the swine just far enough away so they can't really see me.  Cuz to see me you must come in close and dare to hear the truth which you may not want to hear.  And you will have to get real cuz that's the playing field I play on.  Leave a trail of blood...well maybe, but chances are it's because I've been in a battle on your behalf that you didn't even know I was fighting!    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen anything like a trail of blood! And I have been watching. :-) I see sheep around you, for one example. I see dedication, openness, purpose and, yes, gentleness. Sincerity stands out. And lotsa fun. And warmth.
So, girl, keep on "playing on that real field"!