Saturday, January 16, 2010

Shoes for thought!


Aren't they cute!  These are my Asics Gel-Kayano 15's and I gotta tell ya, I Love Them!  They may be beating out my most favorite Nike Zoom Vomero 3's.    Finding a great pair of shoes is half the battle I think in the running game.  I am lucky enough to have a running mentor who has been doing this stuff for years and Mary told me about John's Run Walk shoe and they have the best people in the world to help you with your shoe fitting issues.  I'm all excited that their huge once a year sale is coming up in February and momma needs a new pair of runners!  I have 3 pair right now that I switch off between so they have time to rest in between the runs.  By the sound of it you'd think I was serious about this running stuff huh?  Well, I am! I think it's one of the best things you can do for your health and dang I love the way it makes me feel when I'm done!  I went out and did my long run of 7 in 70 minutes, which is a better time than I thought I'd do and better than doing it on the treadmill!  The smell of Kentucky in January when the soil is wet and the temp is about 35 really might be something I miss when we get out of here.  The traffic was slow  this morning so going out to the VA was really nice.  I ran around the building as it has a drive that goes all the way around.  I prayed for our Vet's to finish strong and that the folks working there would treat them with dignity, these men who fought for our right to live free!  Then I came back in town and said hi to the folks I passed along the way, which I think freaks them out cuz they don't know me.  The Cardinals are so red this time of year and sound so sweet.  The squirrels are just funny as they set out on nut re-con, and run over the wires that stretch between the houses.  I gotta tell ya, running outside beats the treadmill any day!

No comments: