Friday, January 15, 2010

Friends!


Has God ever given you friends that promise to be there for the rest of your life?  That would be in covenant with you...even though they knew you?  He has me, and these are them, MH & Pat, my spirit sisters.  I know that we came to Wilmore Kentucky so Alex could go to seminary, but one of the reason I think I'm here is so I could meet these women!  We have great fun together but mostly we come into the Lord's presence together and we hold each other up.  I pray that you find people in your life that will hold you before the throne and pray for you when you don't know what to pray for yourself!  I am blessed to have these women in my life!  The other cool side note is that these are the only friends I have ever had that when I stand next to them, I'm the tallest!!  We have 18 weeks before Alex graduates and MH & Pat are the ones who remind me that this time is short and that I should see it as a gift.    To press into this time and rest in what God has for me to learn and enjoy.  This is hard for someone who is put together like me...performance-drive, task orientated, always had a job, hight energy type A personality!  However, I am learning that way of living really isn't living at all, it's striving and surviving!  Frankly, I'm tried of doing it that way.  So while I find my path in this new way of doing things, I have these women to lean on!  They are what I am going to miss the most about Kentucky!  

No comments: