Thursday, January 21, 2010

Family Info!


This is the only other female in our household, Gracie May, who is sometimes called "Dammit!"

 One of the things that I believe to be genetic to the women in my family is this really strange excited salutation.  When someone is coming to see us or we get to go somewhere together - really, anything that would cause excitement - we take the backs of our hands, put the knuckles of our index fingers close to our eyes and pressing in on the bridge of our nose, give a loud "EEEEEEEEEEE" while moving our fingers around like crazy.  It is something that my Grannie did.  My mom does it, and my sister and I do it.  Gracie is demonstrating that she too belongs to the family!

Update on the workout thing...I went to ride the stationary bike today with no problem.  I will be giving the elliptical a go tomorrow, which should make for a great blog because I haven't ever tried it with any success.  I seem to start thinking about others things or watching the TV and I fall off.  So if you don't hear from me tomorrow, you will know that I'm in the hospital!  I am also looking forward to my message therapist coming by to help figure out what is really hurt.  On Monday, I will be meeting with Clint, aka personal fitness trainer and exercising guru, to get some kind of a work out going for my core.  Needless to say, I miss running very much, but the weather has been real crappy for the past few days so I don't feel like I'm missing out on much!

I read this today in my devo time..."Tribulation is the door to triumph.  The valley leads to the open highway, and tribulation's imprint is on every great accomplishment.  Crowns are cast in crucibles, and the chains of character found at the feet of God are forged in earthly flames."  Wow, that will preach won't it?  Makes me think that we have to go through the hard times in order to be made into what God has planned for us.  So take heart friends; Jesus has overcome the world!

No comments: