Monday, January 4, 2010

Clutz

Have I told you that I'm training to run a half marathon at the end of March?  Do you know that this makes me out of my mind?  I am the woman that can't walk down the street and chew gum at the same time.  My sister and I use to walk to the neighbor's trampoline and she would stick her foot out in front of me and I would trip over it.  I mean, I knew she was doing it, saw the foot coming, and wham, there I would go to the ground!  Get back up, start walking again and wham, down again I would go.  I think the only reason she ever stopped was because she was laughing so hard at me on the ground!


So knowing this sider info on me should make you wonder why on earth would I ever want to run a half marathon??  Well, I gotta tell you, I just don't know.  Maybe it's cuz no one really thinks I can so I want to shock them.  I do enjoy the feeling I get when I'm done with a 5K.  Oh and a 5K for all you non-runners or non-metric system know it all's, is 3.1 miles.  I ran in 5 of those this past summer and at times really thought I was going to drop dead.  I ran in one where the head wind had to be 20 MPH and ladies with kids in strollers were passing me!  If that didn't make me mad then the old dude that kept passing me then let me pass him about 8 times almost made me lose my mind.  There are reason not to run and I could come up with all the good ones, but the reason I run right now is because I just got into size 6 jeans!!!   I have never been in size 6 anything for as long as I can remember!  So, if running a half marathon (13.1 miles) is going to let me eat some chips and dip and still wear 6's...I say run on girl friend, run on!

No comments: